Wednesday, April 29, 2009

.........MY NCC:) :)




NCC NATIONAL CADET CORPS.

MOTIVE:----- UNITY IN INTEGRITY


FROM:2002 TO 2004 (JW) phase 1
FROM 2005 TO 2007/08 (SW) phase2 and 3(final)

My friends say that I have to write a blog post on this.NCC has developed me personally and mentally. It gives you an opportunity where there is slew of growth towards positivity it teaches you face every obstruction you come across.

There are many training camps conducted at college levels (CATC), District levels, National Level (states competition) and then International Level (nations compete).
There are many competition that are held in these camps ,the tenure of the camp may differ from one to another but at college and district levels its only for 12-13 days.

National level takes lot of time in traveling though camp is going be there for 15days + traveling period and international level for 30 days + traveling
They take us different places and show us around on the last day cadets who are interested will be taken out on tour entire day with everything packed (food n refreshments) ALL THIS AT NO COST.

The students here called cadets and are given rank according to their seniority and performance and achievements. I was enrolled when I was in high school so obvious I was senior at college level (many cadets discontinue after high school level and we have fresher’s for college level) and in camps to I had around 600 cadets (girls)under me for 15days as I was senior in rank (and not in age) and I was totally responsible for them to my superior officers and staff.(taught me Leadership capabilities) and I am glad that I did my job better than I or my officers thought I would do.

At the campsite:

  • 5.30hrs our physical training used to start and many activities throughout the day.
  • Supper at 20.00 hrs and then prepare for next D day with competition, uniform cultural etc and Lights off by 22.00 hrs (but we couldn’t sleep at that time so used to light a candle and work hard and practice for tomorrow so sleep late)
  • The competition bring us the verve to participate and gumption makes us to withstand the weariness n the pressure from folks, college, battalion, state ,nation etc to be the best amongst others(as we represent them)
and
  • it makes us strong by acceding all the gritty things like in satiation, rebuffing, avengers, defeat, sabotages n more yet we have our composure and maintain our grandeur. This taught us the way to lead life in this competitive world, which is higher than this.
Well, I can’t say that only these things are the one ,we do have loads of fun we make friends from many places a very good opportunity to meet people of your age or of your generation and of different mind sets.

I still have it fresh in my memories cute guys, flirting, having fun, improving your reasoning abilities to get out of situation that u don’t want to be in. and working in team(group or entire battalion performance) and alone (at times for solo performances) working for winning and to be the BEST FOR THE REST of that year etc. many things to name.

Apart from this, we did many adventure sports like rock climbing, mountaineering, par jumping, Para sailing, sea to air, jungle survival, bike expedition, river rafting more to name ALL THIS AT NO COST again. We even did charity works, helped social organization, volunteered in many state and national events.

I HAD FUN OF MY LIFE. IT IS HONESTLY FUN WITH LEARNING. AND IT’S THE BEST THING EVER HAPPENED TO ME I AM GLAD THAT I WAS PART OF IT AND I CAN NEVER FORGET BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES .IT GOT ME CONFIDENCE TO SPEAK AND SHOWED ME MY STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESS I LEARNED A LOT. IT‘S BEEN A VERY TOUGH YET A GREAT JOURNEY OF 5 LONG YEARS OF COMMITMENT.

;)

3 comments:

Rohini said...

Perhaps u could've edited the image using Flickr or Photoshop,it would have made a flattering image. :)

Creativity said...

Dear, U r really a Great Person....Hats off to u Dear:) U r Role Model for people who r interested in NCC:)

Revathi.M.Kulkarni said...

hy dear... Thank u so much it's a huge compliment:)